Beach Ford All-American Scholarship
The purpose of the Beach Ford All-American Scholarship is to give students incentive to further their formal education. This scholarship also holds as its purpose the recognition of students who have excelled in student leadership, in school and/or community activities as well as scholarship.
- The scholarship amount to be awarded will be limited to a total of $1,000.00 for one student from each senior high school. This will be for one year and not for every year the student is in college.
- Financial need will not be required for this scholarship.
- Following the initial screening of applications, three to five finalists will be chosen and interviewed by the school’s Scholarship Committee.
- All applications should be submitted to your guidance counselor or the school’s scholarship committee. STUDENTS SHOULD NOT FORWARD APPLICATIONS DIRECTLY TO BEACH FORD. The recipient will be chosen by the Scholarship Committee of each high school and ONLY the selected recipient’s information should be forwarded to Beach Ford.
- The recipient of each scholarship will be recognized at the Awards Assembly at each high school.
- The scholarship money ($1,000.00) will be disbursed to the college or university to which the recipient has been accepted and will attend.
- Information about the student receiving the scholarship award and his/her activities (i.e., completed application, 3 letters or recommendation, certified copy of transcript) should be forwarded to Tom Barton at Beach Ford, 2717, Virginia Beach Blvd, Virginia Beach, VA 23452 as soon as a decision has been made.
- The applicant must be a graduating senior from one of the City of Virginia Beach public high schools in the current school year
- The applicant must have a 3.0 grade point average.
- The copy of the student’s transcript must accompany the application. SAT scores will not be considered in this evaluation. Applicants are not to indicate SAT scores.
- Three letters of recommendation from adults associated with the applicant must accompany the student’s application.
- The recipient must be accepted at an accredited institution of higher learning and agree to be a full time student at that institution.
- Applications should be received by the guidance office before April 30th of the current school year. Check with your scholarship chair to determine your school’s deadline.
- The recipient must display leadership skills, poise, confidence, and involvement in student and/or community activities.
- Should the finalist receive an all-expense scholarship from another source, this scholarship money will be awarded to the next runner-up finalist.
Each individual high school will notify Tom Barton at Beach Ford of the name of the college or university chosen by the winning student. Beach Ford will then present a check made out to the institution to the winning student at the awards ceremony.
Congratulations to the 2017 Beach Ford All-American $1,000 Scholarship winners!
Kidada A. Ferebee, Bayside High School
Cameron Douglas Bailey, Cox High School
Brooke Nicole Habit, First Colonial High School
Chadwick Damoy Harris, Green Run High Collegiate
Elarraine Guiuo Laureta, Green Run High School
Christopher Angeles Cruz Jr., Kellam High School
Gloria Frances Pezzella, Kempsville High School
Gul Wish Ayaz, Landstown High School
Nicole L. Cunanan, Ocean Lakes High School
Amy Ying Wang, Princess Anne High School
Destiny Shanieve Touissant, Salem High School
Enya Jennifer Pfeiffer, Tallwood High School